The purposes of the project will result from the translation of advanced technologies among 8 sectors with strong synergies: offshore wind energy, offshore aquaculture, offshore oil and gas, waterborne transport, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and environmental technologies.
The vision of the GreenOffshoreTech project is “Making Offshore Production and Transport green, cleaner and modern”, therefore, 3 out of the 5 million euros EU funding are dedicated to finance innovative ideas from SMEs.
The GreenOffshoreTech Consortium will facilitate a Call of Proposals where SMEs can apply for and will undertake two types of activities to support SMEs directly:
- Support SMEs directly by funding 100 SME-driven Innovation projects; and
- Providing a range of dedicated and tailored Business Support Services to the winner SMEs to enable access to markets and further external resources and financing.
The GreenOffshoreTech Consortium will also offer an open space for collaboration to connect and facilitate cooperation between SMEs from different sectors, regions and countries in order to foster the deployment of key enabling technologies such as advanced materials, advanced manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and environmental technologies in the emerging sectors offshore wind energy and offshore aquaculture, and the established sectors offshore oil & gas and waterborne transport during and after the project.
GreenOffshoreTech consortium members are following clusters and regional development agencies:
- Mosseregionens Naeringsutvikling AS (MNU), facilitator of the “VIKEN Technology Cluster 4.0” (Norway) – GreenOffshoreTech Coordinator;
- FORUM OCEANO – Association of Maritime Economy (Portugal);
- Maritimes Cluster Norddeutschland e.V. (MCN, Germany);
- Iceland Ocean Cluster (IOC, Iceland);
- Highlands & Islands Enterprise (HIE, UK);
- CLEANTECH LATVIA (Latvia);
- Centrum Kooperacji Recyklingu (CKR) facilitator of the elite National Key Cluster “Waste Management and Recycling Cluster” (WMRC, Poland);
- Composites United e.V. (CU), facilitator of the “Leading-Edge Cluster MAI Carbon” (Germany),
- Cluster Mechatronik & Automation Management GGmbH (CMAB, Germany);
and following inter-cluster and innovation management experts:
- Scaberia AS (Norway);
- Balance Technology Consulting GmbH Germany);
- Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences (MEERI, Poland).
More information will be available at project start in September 2021