The 11th Central-Asian International Exhibition for Environmental Technologies, Waste Management & Recycling, Industrial Water Treatment and Green Innovations Ecotech 2015 will take place in Almaty, Kazakhstan from September 16-18, 2015. CLEANTECH LATVIA will participate with its own stand to present Latvian best solutions in clean technology industry.
The exhibition Ecotech 2015 is the most important event in the field of clean technologies in Central-Asia, bringing together around 3,500 entrepreneurs from all around the globe. Several round-tables and a conference on new topics in the field of clean technologies, involving leading experts from various countries, will be held parallel to the exhibition. The opening ceremony of the exhibition will be held in the morning of September 16 with the participation of Latvian Ambassador to the Republic of Kazakhstan H.E. Jurijs Pogrebņaks. Following the reception at CLEANTECH LATVIA stand with the official delegation, partners and clients.
CLEANTECH LATVIA together with 5 members will present its best solutions adapted for Central-Asian market:
- AKORDA – Latvian project management and consulting company offers a full range of water management services – from idea to implementation and result evaluation. AKORDA specializes in environmental infrastructure project management, together with regular collaboration partners such as state institutions, municipalities, municipal and private sector companies. In the past few years AKORDA has established cooperation with companies from various European regions, proving its capacity to transfer knowledge and capabilities of working with EU funding and requirements for productive, goal oriented cooperation.
- KARME FILTRS Ltd. specializes in drinking and industrial water purification technologies ensuring the best price-to-quality ratio. There are several principal types of pollutants that contaminate drinking water: microorganisms, non-organic minerals and metals, organic chemicals, radioactive substances. Karme Filtrs Ltd. provides optimal water treatment solutions by combining practical experience with highly specialized knowledge of modern technology. The company delivers and installs a wide range of equipment (e.g., backwash filters, water softeners, dosage equipment) for residential, commercial and industrial use, including skid mounted and container types. In the Baltics and in Russia, Karme Filtrs Ltd. offers services to several hundred clients – from small companies with very limited water treatment capacity to large operators of boiler houses and industrial enterprises.
- VENTEKO Ltd. is one of the leading companies in Baltic States providing a wide range of environmental consultations, training and engineering services. Today the company provides services in such fields as geological, hydro geological and geotechnical investigation, institutional capacity building and training on sustainable development issues, environmental impact and risk assessment, collection and recycling of hazardous and industrial waste, design of water supply and sewerage systems and also consultancy in energy efficiency and building. VentEko Ltd. is one of the first European companies to have acquired a unique automatic laser-induced fluorescence system (LIF) for oil product detection in polluted soil. Presently, there are only about ten such systems in the world.
- GENERAL ENERGY GROUP Ltd. is a subsidiary of Magnat Group — East European holding company providing services for cargo forwarding and transhipment, logistics, energy investment, finance and real estate development. The aim of General Energy Group is to bring together expertise in carbon markets, renewable energy and energy efficiency to work out sustainable solutions for green economy. The main challenge is to find right energy mix for sustainability already today. Company’s team and partners has good standing experience in renewable energy portfolio development, carbon trading, market research and development of financial instruments tailored to needs of low carbon economy.
- TECHNOBALT GROUP is outgrown from a small resale business to the provider of technical conveying solutions, offering complete systems from idea and project until installed and tested equipment together with spare parts and maintenance. Today 100 qualified employees with different skills and certification work for Technobalt Group, 6000 m2 production area is located in 2 factories surrounded by 3.8 ha land in three locations and 5 sales offices and warehouses are covering all major Baltic areas. Technobalt’s VISION is to be leading technical conveying solutions and components provider in the region.
CLEANTECH LATVIA organizes trade mission which will be held parallel with the exhibition – besides before mentioned companies, Riga Technical University (RTU) also will participate. RTU’s future plans are based on the third generation university concept, combining research, studies and promotion of the national economy. This is the reason why active research activities dedicated to practical application of new knowledge – creation of new products or technologies and their commercialization – are currently underway at the university. It is planned to hold bilateral meetings with current and potential cooperation partners during the trade mission, as well as visiting several major companies representing the industry.
CLEANTECH LATVIA is a non-governmental cluster organization launched to foster and promote Latvian cleantech companies, organizations, joint ventures, research and educational institutions. Established in 2012, the cluster facilitates recognition of enterprises, their products and services both in Latvia and in the world, communication among entrepreneurs, improvement of the value chain and efficiency, transfer of knowledge and practical experience from science to business. CleanTech Latvia is committed to growing a vibrant clean technology industry and business community in Latvia by using regional strengths through innovation, research, new technology development and facilitation of international business opportunities.
Information prepared by
CLEANTECH LATVIA project manager
Ph. +371 26666845