ACO Nordic Ltd.
Water collection and treatment systems
ACO Nordic, Ltd. develops innovative rainwater collection system solutions that can withstand natural phenomena caused by climate change, including drought and heavy rains.
In Latvia, ACO distributes ACO Drain surface water drainage systems, oil and grease separators, hygienic stainless steel solutions, as well as cast iron manhole covers, bathroom ladders and shower channels, doormat systems and many other products. By investing in environmental protection, high-quality and fast product delivery, ACO is a leading distributor of water collection and treatment systems.
Water supply, sewerage and waste water treatment systems
The project management and consulting company Akorda SIA offers a full range of water management services – from idea (consulting, feasibility studies etc.) to implementation (design, supervision, project management, etc.) and result evaluation.
Akorda SIA specializes in environmental infrastructure project management, together with regular collaboration partners such as state institutions, municipalities, municipal and private sector companies.
Automation Engineering Ltd.
Electrical Engineering, Process Automation, SCADA and IIoT solutions
Electrical Engineering, process automation, SCADA and IIoT solutions for “green” infrastructure – water & wastewater, power generation & distribution, transport, manufacturing
Our experts have many years of experience in consulting, design and project management in wide variety of projects throughout Baltic’s and worldwide. Additionally we have varying knowledge background in developing electrical and automation engineering solutions for companies ranging from small privately-owned start-ups to government-owned utilities and multi-national corporate industry leaders. This allows our specialists to provide best in class solution for each of our customers.
We offer the following services:
- inspection and technical audits of existing electrical, automation and SCADA systems;
- assessment of risks for electrical, automation and SCADA systems, planning of risk mitigation;
- preparation of feasibility studies and development plans;
- design of electrical, automation and SCADA systems (preparation of tender specifications, preliminary design, detailed design);
- preparation of software specifications and functional descriptions;
- PLC, DCS, SCADA and IIoT application developmentand implementation on variety of platforms (Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric etc.);
- Metering and optimization of consumption of energy and reagents;
- Project management (FIDIC; WB (IBRD); ADB; EBRD contracts; design, design-build, turn-key projects).
Management and consulting of water and wastewater engineering projects
Aqua-Brambis SIA is an engineering company which offers full range of services:
- feasibility studies;
- preparation for and implementation of tenders;
- design of water supply and sewerage facilities;
- supervision of the projects at the construction stage and at the guarantee period;
- cost calculation and control;
- coordination of local and foreign specialists work.
Full range of hazardous waste management services, soil remediation
BAO AS provides full range of hazardous waste management services, starting from collection and transportation of hazardous waste up to their disposal and recycling.
Company collects and processes:
- electronic waste;
- discarded electric appliances;
- manufacturing and production waste;
- healthcare waste;
- car service waste;
- waste containing heavy metals;
- confidential documents (correspondence, archives, records, and accountancy documentation).
BAO AS can also ensure cleaning of contaminated soil.
Baltic Sea Geology Center Ltd.
Geological exploration, analysis of hydrological processes, environmental projects
Baltic Sea Geology Center Ltd. deals with acvatorial deepening activities, purification of water tanks from sanews, underwater survey and performance of technical works, as well as survey of water tanks, batimetric studies, soil sampling and various types of hydrogeological exploration.
The company performs the design works of large-range ports and marine hydrotechnical structures, as well as the management and supervision of port and marine hydrotechnical structures.
The company has qualified specialists and the necessary technical and equipment resources to carry out these tasks.
Microbiological fertilizers and plant protection products production
“Bioefekts” Ltd. has been developing and producing biological plant protection products and other microbiological products for gardening and farming since 1993.
Their microbiological fertilizers contain microorganisms which:
- Stimulate plant growth and development by enhancing resistance and resistance to pathogens that cause disease;
- Compete with pathogenic microorganisms, and thus, without being harmful to plants, they develop, multiply faster and occupy ecological niches, preventing the proliferation of microorganisms that are harmful to plants.
The product contains both representatives of microscopic mushrooms ( Trichoderma ) and bacteria ( Pseudomonas , Streptomyces, Bacillus, Polyangium, Azotobacter, Rhizobium ).
Microbiological products contain a number of good properties:
- a specific location for the environment;
- they do not harm beneficial organisms;
- they are not harmful to humans, animals, plants;
- they do not cause negative side effects;
- the resistance of pathogenic (harmful) organisms to microorganisms does not develop;
- they also help plants when plant pathogens become resistant to chemicals;
- They feed on the soil by improving the yield of the following year.
Project planning and research in biomass industry and plant-origin products development
Biolat AS manufactures biologically active substances from tree foliage and other plant biomass for food industry, pharmacy, cosmetics, plant protection etc.
Laboratory and pilot scale bioreactors, industrial bioreactor systems, magnetic drive mixers, process automation systems
Bioreactors.net AS develops and manufactures laboratory and pilot scale bioreactors as well as develop industrial use bioreactor systems. Bioreactors are equipped with a patented new type of magnetic drive. This new drive advantage is not only a requirement of sterility providing, but it also has a wide range of scaling options as a result of such recovery is already used in bioreactors with a volume of up to 20 m3. It is currently the largest volume of the bioreactor in the world that has used magnetic drive.
Bioreactor systems are used in various products, using cultures of microorganisms. For example, Bioreactors.net AS has implemented projects for manufacture of – yeasts for milk industry, vaccines for animals, soil protection and enrichment products, as well as the food industry surplus recycling and pharmaceutical industries waste water treatment.
The company also develops technology-oriented automation projects for biotechnology, environmental protection, pharmaceutical, chemical technology and food industry.
Sample preparation and analysis in Life Science
Research and experimental development in biotechnology
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas Ltd.
Biological wastewater treatment plants, water supply and external drainage networks, consultations
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas SIA offers full range of biological waste water treatment solutions for private, industrial and municipal markets.
Company manufactures biological wastewater treatment plants, designs water supply and external drainage networks, carries out plant installation and construction, provides maintenance service support as well as consults existing and prospect clients about the most efficient solutions available.
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas SIA additionally offers crude oil and oil product separators for rain and other contaminated waste water purification from motor oil and oil contaminants as well. This equipment is designed primarily for car parking lots, garages, agricultural companies and service stations, but can be also used for treatment of water from car washes without the use of emulsifiers.
Institute of Physical Energetics
Institute of Physical Energetics covers a wide scope of energy research issues, such as renewable energy resources, energy production, accumulation and storage, waste and pollution as well as research activities in water management.
Institute has experience in research of different renewable energy resources, including implementation of clean solar, wind, bioenergy and hydropower technologies.
Main fields of action are research, development, manufacturing and sales of original products, generics and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
Karme Filtrs Ltd.
Drinking and industrial water purification technologies
Karme Filtrs SIA is specializing in drinking and industrial process water treatment technologies which reduce any contamination (microorganisms, non-organic minerals and metals, organic chemicals, radioactive substances) ensuring the best price-to- quality ratio.
Company supplies and installs wide range of equipment (e.g., backwash filters, water softeners, and dosage equipment) for residential, commercial and industrial use, including skid mounted and containerized versions.
Karme Filtrs SIA offers services to several hundred clients – from small companies with very limited water treatment capacity to large operators of boiler houses and industrial customers.
Jāņa sēta Ltd.
Cartography and geospatial solutions
The largest cartographic and geoinformatics company in the Baltic States. Company develops personalized geospatial solutions based on traditional mapping. The company provides geospatial data preparation, maintenance and availability in the form of online data services.
Basing on client’s business needs, company develops personalized geographic information technology solutions for:
- data preparation
- intelligent analysis
- visualization on the map, therefore facilitating the adoption of spatially-based decisions.
Jāņa sēta Map Publishers also develops personalized online and mobile geospatial solutions.
Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
Scientific institute in molecular biology and biomedicine
Latvian University of Agriculture
Research in the fields of biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy
Research at university is operated in four main blocks: biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy.
Biosciences covers agriculture, forestry and veterinary medicine fields. Engineering covers mechanical engineering, energetics, food technology, civil engineering, woodworking and environmental areas.
For the research purposes two national research centres have been created, Latvian agricultural scientific resources are consolidated and further improvements on scientific infrastructure are being carried out. Scientific staff qualifications and experience correspond to international and national-scale research, additionally in 13 doctoral programs young scientists are prepared.
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry
Development of environment-friendly technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry develops knowledge-based, environmentally friendly and low-cost technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass for sustainable utilization of natural resources for economic, social and ecological benefits.
The main avenues of research:
- fundamental studies in the field of wood science;
- wood and polymers chemistry;
- applied studies for obtaining innovative products and materials from renewable raw material resources – wood and plant biomass.
Customized route and resource optimization solutions
Mappost Ltd. is software company specializing in advanced route and resource optimization solutions. Mappost combines powerful optimization algorithms with real-life business constraints to solve high complexity optimization tasks with multitude of changing constraints in real-time. We work closely with our client’s representatives and field workers to thoroughly customize the solutions for every client and ensure that Mappost fully integrates in their existing business structure. As a result, our clients optimize their routes and resources, automate planning and control task fulfilment, which translates to:
- saved resources,
- up to 20% cost reduction,
- complete process control,
- improved customer relationship management,
- ability to react to rapidly changing business process environment.
Mappost clients represent wide range of industries worldwide, from forestry, agriculture, e-commerce and food deliveries to advanced waste management, communal and road maintenance services used both by public and private institutions.
Management Service Company Ltd.
Development and launch of new products and business models, focusing on clean tech solutions and technologies, with high environmental impact and sustainable effects over society.
Research and development in the area of express chemical analysis
The main activities of the company are research and development in the area of express on-site chemical analysis, and test kits production in Latvia.
Based on our scientific research company develops and produces test kits for express on-site chemical analysis of different samples: waters, soils, hydroponic solutions, technological solutions for environmental monitoring, wastewater analysis, drinking water quality monitoring, and agrochemical analysis.
MedEcoTest Ltd. is a member of the European Water Association.
Olaine College of Mechanics and Technologies
Environment protection technology; Food quality control; Biotechnology; Mechanics engineering
Innovative chemical production company
Main area of expertise is development and manufacture of bio polyols – polyols synthesized from renewable materials.
Bio Polyol is a high quality bio based polyol, produced from renewable materials (rapeseed oil and tall oil) for the polyurethane industry e.g. polyurethane system houses, manufacturers of insulation material, rigid foam and other rigid polyurethane products.
Riga Technical University
Feasibility studies, pilot projects and technology efficiency research
Riga Technical University is the oldest technical university in the Baltic States currently qualifying for leadership in Latvia in the following scientific areas:
- energy and electrical engineering;
- electronics and telecommunication;
- computer and IT;
- chemistry and chemical engineering;
- biomechanics and biomaterials technology;
- materials science and materials design;
- heat, gas and water engineering;
- construction science and geomatics;
- mechatronics and robotics;
- automotive, rail and air transport;
In the field of clean technologies Riga Technical University offers: high level feasibility studies; pilot studies for selection and development of technologies; research based problem solving for clean technologies and biomaterials; quality control in production; consulting and joint projects.
Geospatial data processing services
Sungis Ltd. provides full spectrum of services on geospatial data processing– data conversions, administration and analysis, GIS and cartography consultations, preparation of relevant materials, as well as maintenance and storage services.
The company’s main product is “Go GIS” – geographic information system (GIS) that allows map design, burden and red lines, cadastral boundaries, utilities, land units and their ownership, as well as other spatial information, to be displayed on the map in a visible manner.
Additionally in the spring of 2018, SunGIS became the first organization in the Baltics certified to conduct QGIS training.
Latvian State Forest Research Institute Silava
SILAVA is the main centre of forest science in Latvia. The main fields of research areas are: forest ecology and silviculture; forest tree breeding; forest regeneration and establishment; forest products processing.
Institute offers cooperation in the following areas:
- development of comprehensive recovery solutions afforestation and rehabilitation of degraded lands;
- development of technologies with innovative solutions that meet the requirements of a particular object;
- production and delivery of complex composts or their components;
- the development of plantations of energy wood.
Waste management and recycling projects
ZAAO SIA was founded in 1998 by North Vidzeme Region local governments. ZAAO SIA offers high quality waste management services to physical and legal persons in North Vidzeme Region.
Company provides following services:
- municipal solid waste collection;
- source separate waste collection;
- collection of special kind of waste;
- waste transportation;
- waste sorting at landfill;
- recovery of recyclables;
- storage and resell of recyclables;
- waste preparation prior to disposal;
- residue waste disposal at landfill;
- gas recovery from waste;
- from waste gained power transfer to national electricity grid.
ZAAO SIA is also involved in educating and informing the community about waste issues. Company is capable to share the obtained knowledge how to handle problems of municipal waste management in form of consulting.
Zelta Bulla Ltd.
Zelta Bulla takes interest in development of emission reduction policy in Central Asia
Wingo Deposit Ltd.
Environmental protection, recycling of packaging, innovative technologies, AI
SIA WinGo Deposit is an innovative and creative local company that creates unprecedented packaging deposit and recycling solutions through artificial intelligence and innovative technologies.
The company highlights climate change in its activities and, by combining the so far-created design of the deposit system with artificial intelligence, has created a prototype for a new advanced packaging deposit system.
Cluster CLEANTECH LATVIA presents unique pool of complementary competencies of companies, research organizations, municipalities and public sector for smart, sustainable and environment friendly growth.
We help to develop and grow sustainable, resource efficient and environmental friendly companies, cities, regions in the developing economies.
- RESULTS OF THE “ENGINE” PROJECT AND THEIR IMPACT ON THE ENGINEERING TRAINING INDUSTRY IN UZBEKISTAN.
- IMPACT OF THE “ENGINE” PROJECT ON THE ENGINEERING TRAINING INDUSTRY IN KAZAKHSTAN AND UZBEKISTAN
- Join GreenOffshoreTech Brokerage Event
- Invitation to participate a tender of “External Evaluation of the Project Capacity Building of Industry Associations Serving Engineering Companies in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan”.
- European experts and business representatives are back in Central Asia
Phone: +371 22333322
Address: Str. Valmieras 31, Riga, LV 1009, Latvia
Representative Offices in Central Asia