Institute of Physical Energetics
Institute of Physical Energetics covers a wide scope of energy research issues, such as renewable energy resources, energy production, accumulation and storage, waste and pollution as well as research activities in water management.
Institute has experience in research of different renewable energy resources, including implementation of clean solar, wind, bioenergy and hydropower technologies.
Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
Scientific institute in molecular biology and biomedicine
Latvian University of Agriculture
Research in the fields of biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy
Research at university is operated in four main blocks: biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy.
Biosciences covers agriculture, forestry and veterinary medicine fields. Engineering covers mechanical engineering, energetics, food technology, civil engineering, woodworking and environmental areas.
For the research purposes two national research centres have been created, Latvian agricultural scientific resources are consolidated and further improvements on scientific infrastructure are being carried out. Scientific staff qualifications and experience correspond to international and national-scale research, additionally in 13 doctoral programs young scientists are prepared.
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry
Development of environment-friendly technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry develops knowledge-based, environmentally friendly and low-cost technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass for sustainable utilization of natural resources for economic, social and ecological benefits.
The main avenues of research:
- fundamental studies in the field of wood science;
- wood and polymers chemistry;
- applied studies for obtaining innovative products and materials from renewable raw material resources – wood and plant biomass.
MHD Research Centre SIA
Research institute in metallurgical field
MHD Research Centre SIA is a research institute that draws on results of more than 20 years of scientific and applied research of the University of Latvia and its’ partners in metallurgical field, primarily, magnetohydrodynamics in metal casting.
Olaine College of Mechanics and Technologies
Environment protection technology; Food quality control; Biotechnology; Mechanics engineering
Riga Technical University
Feasibility studies, pilot projects and technology efficiency research
Riga Technical University is the oldest technical university in the Baltic States currently qualifying for leadership in Latvia in the following scientific areas:
- energy and electrical engineering;
- electronics and telecommunication;
- computer and IT;
- chemistry and chemical engineering;
- biomechanics and biomaterials technology;
- materials science and materials design;
- heat, gas and water engineering;
- construction science and geomatics;
- mechatronics and robotics;
- automotive, rail and air transport;
In the field of clean technologies Riga Technical University offers: high level feasibility studies; pilot studies for selection and development of technologies; research based problem solving for clean technologies and biomaterials; quality control in production; consulting and joint projects.
Latvian State Forest Research Institute Silava
SILAVA is the main centre of forest science in Latvia. The main fields of research areas are: forest ecology and silviculture; forest tree breeding; forest regeneration and establishment; forest products processing.
Institute offers cooperation in the following areas:
- development of comprehensive recovery solutions afforestation and rehabilitation of degraded lands;
- development of technologies with innovative solutions that meet the requirements of a particular object;
- production and delivery of complex composts or their components;
- the development of plantations of energy wood.
Cluster CLEANTECH LATVIA presents unique pool of complementary competencies of companies, research organizations, municipalities and public sector for smart, sustainable and environment friendly growth.
We help to develop and grow sustainable, resource efficient and environmental friendly companies, cities, regions in the developing economies.
- Online-seminar “Certification System for Civil Engineers. Experience of Latvia”
- ENGINE partners discuss the importance of certification of civil engineers with LSGŪTIS industry expert
- New project, funded by the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund
- Identity of project “Capacity building of Industry Associations Serving Engineering Companies in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan”
- CLEANTECH LATVIA shares its experience on cluster development during specialized webinar
Phone: +371 22333322
Address: Str. Valmieras 31, Riga, LV 1009, Latvia
Representative Offices in Central Asia