Institute of Physical Energetics
Institute of Physical Energetics covers a wide scope of energy research issues, such as renewable energy resources, energy production, accumulation and storage, waste and pollution as well as research activities in water management.
Institute has experience in research of different renewable energy resources, including implementation of clean solar, wind, bioenergy and hydropower technologies.
Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
Scientific institute in molecular biology and biomedicine
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry
Development of environment-friendly technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry develops knowledge-based, environmentally friendly and low-cost technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass for sustainable utilization of natural resources for economic, social and ecological benefits.
The main avenues of research:
- fundamental studies in the field of wood science;
- wood and polymers chemistry;
- applied studies for obtaining innovative products and materials from renewable raw material resources – wood and plant biomass.
MHD Research Centre SIA
Research institute in metallurgical field
MHD Research Centre SIA is a research institute that draws on results of more than 20 years of scientific and applied research of the University of Latvia and its’ partners in metallurgical field, primarily, magnetohydrodynamics in metal casting.
Olaine College of Mechanics and Technologies
Environment protection technology; Food quality control; Biotechnology; Mechanics engineering
Riga Technical University
Feasibility studies, pilot projects and technology efficiency research
Riga Technical University is the oldest technical university in the Baltic States currently qualifying for leadership in Latvia in the following scientific areas:
- energy and electrical engineering;
- electronics and telecommunication;
- computer and IT;
- chemistry and chemical engineering;
- biomechanics and biomaterials technology;
- materials science and materials design;
- heat, gas and water engineering;
- construction science and geomatics;
- mechatronics and robotics;
- automotive, rail and air transport;
In the field of clean technologies Riga Technical University offers: high level feasibility studies; pilot studies for selection and development of technologies; research based problem solving for clean technologies and biomaterials; quality control in production; consulting and joint projects.
Latvian State Forest Research Institute Silava
SILAVA is the main centre of forest science in Latvia. The main fields of research areas are: forest ecology and silviculture; forest tree breeding; forest regeneration and establishment; forest products processing.
Institute offers cooperation in the following areas:
- development of comprehensive recovery solutions afforestation and rehabilitation of degraded lands;
- development of technologies with innovative solutions that meet the requirements of a particular object;
- production and delivery of complex composts or their components;
- the development of plantations of energy wood.
CLEANTECH LATVIA is a cluster of clean technologies, which brings together Latvian companies and research institutions to enhance the competitive advantages of each other, and the cluster as a whole.
We are currently active in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan) and Northwest Russia. In 2015 was started market research in Latin America, the Balkans, India and Iran.
- Solid waste collection companies of Karaganda and Aktobe test modern Latvian IT-developments
- NEW CALL FOR BALTIC BLUE BIOTECHNOLOGY ALLIANCE MENTORING PROGRAM
- CLEANTECH LATVIA carries out trainings in 3 cities of Uzbekistan
- Baltic Blue Biotechnology Alliance 5th partner meeting – November 2017, Germany
- CLEANTECH LATVIA welcomes cooperation partner from Chile
Phone: +371 22333322
Address: Aleksandra Caka iela 31 – 4, Riga, LV 1011, Latvia
Representative Office in Central Asia
Phone (Uzbekistan): +998 977510096
Address: “International Business Center”, Amir Temur street 107A, 700084, Tashkent, Uzbekistan