A Holding AS
Aluminium alloys production, ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals processing and trading, hazardous waste collection and recycling
A Holding AS specializes in secondary aluminium alloys production by recycling of aluminium scrap. Additionally, the company collects and recycles hazardous waste (all types of disposed accumulators; electrical and electronic equipment; old vehicles; medical waste; oils).
Water supply, sewerage and waste water treatment systems
The project management and consulting company Akorda SIA offers a full range of water management services – from idea (consulting, feasibility studies etc.) to implementation (design, supervision, project management, etc.) and result evaluation.
Akorda SIA specializes in environmental infrastructure project management, together with regular collaboration partners such as state institutions, municipalities, municipal and private sector companies.
Environmental remediation project management company
Automation Engineering Ltd.
Electrical Engineering, Process Automation, SCADA and IIoT solutions
Electrical Engineering, process automation, SCADA and IIoT solutions for “green” infrastructure – water & wastewater, power generation & distribution, transport, manufacturing
Our experts have many years of experience in consulting, design and project management in wide variety of projects throughout Baltic’s and worldwide. Additionally we have varying knowledge background in developing electrical and automation engineering solutions for companies ranging from small privately-owned start-ups to government-owned utilities and multi-national corporate industry leaders. This allows our specialists to provide best in class solution for each of our customers.
We offer the following services:
- inspection and technical audits of existing electrical, automation and SCADA systems;
- assessment of risks for electrical, automation and SCADA systems, planning of risk mitigation;
- preparation of feasibility studies and development plans;
- design of electrical, automation and SCADA systems (preparation of tender specifications, preliminary design, detailed design);
- preparation of software specifications and functional descriptions;
- PLC, DCS, SCADA and IIoT application developmentand implementation on variety of platforms (Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric etc.);
- Metering and optimization of consumption of energy and reagents;
- Project management (FIDIC; WB (IBRD); ADB; EBRD contracts; design, design-build, turn-key projects).
Management and consulting of water and wastewater engineering projects
Aqua-Brambis SIA is an engineering company which offers full range of services:
- feasibility studies;
- preparation for and implementation of tenders;
- design of water supply and sewerage facilities;
- supervision of the projects at the construction stage and at the guarantee period;
- cost calculation and control;
- coordination of local and foreign specialists work.
AURAVIA LATVIA SIA
Biodegradable surfactant production
Company develops new and adapts already existing surface detergents for various engineering and business purposes, and provides advisory services regarding the most feasible application of these products.
AURAVIA LATVIA SIA specializes in anionic surfactants production AURA PURE that have been synthesized from natural raw materials combining biotechnical and chemical processes. The uniqueness of the end product is that it is naturally biodegradable and environment friendly. It can be applicable for various purposes, including soil remediation, sewage treatment (fat emulsification), biogas (fat emulsification) and oil handling logistics for cleaning of oil handling equipment.
Full range of hazardous waste management services, soil remediation
BAO AS provides full range of hazardous waste management services, starting from collection and transportation of hazardous waste up to their disposal and recycling.
Company collects and processes:
- electronic waste;
- discarded electric appliances;
- manufacturing and production waste;
- healthcare waste;
- car service waste;
- waste containing heavy metals;
- confidential documents (correspondence, archives, records, and accountancy documentation).
BAO AS can also ensure cleaning of contaminated soil.
Microbiological fertilizers and plant protection products production
“Bioefekts” Ltd. has been developing and producing biological plant protection products and other microbiological products for gardening and farming since 1993.
Their microbiological fertilizers contain microorganisms which:
- Stimulate plant growth and development by enhancing resistance and resistance to pathogens that cause disease;
- Compete with pathogenic microorganisms, and thus, without being harmful to plants, they develop, multiply faster and occupy ecological niches, preventing the proliferation of microorganisms that are harmful to plants.
The product contains both representatives of microscopic mushrooms ( Trichoderma ) and bacteria ( Pseudomonas , Streptomyces, Bacillus, Polyangium, Azotobacter, Rhizobium ).
Microbiological products contain a number of good properties:
- a specific location for the environment;
- they do not harm beneficial organisms;
- they are not harmful to humans, animals, plants;
- they do not cause negative side effects;
- the resistance of pathogenic (harmful) organisms to microorganisms does not develop;
- they also help plants when plant pathogens become resistant to chemicals;
- They feed on the soil by improving the yield of the following year.
Project planning and research in biomass industry and plant-origin products development
Biolat AS manufactures biologically active substances from tree foliage and other plant biomass for food industry, pharmacy, cosmetics, plant protection etc.
Biotehniskais centrs AS
Laboratory and pilot scale bioreactors, industrial bioreactor systems, magnetic drive mixers, process automation systems
Biotehniskais centrs AS develops and manufactures laboratory and pilot scale bioreactors as well as develop industrial use bioreactor systems. Bioreactors are equipped with a patented new type of magnetic drive. This new drive advantage is not only a requirement of sterility providing, but it also has a wide range of scaling options as a result of such recovery is already used in bioreactors with a volume of up to 20 m3. It is currently the largest volume of the bioreactor in the world that has used magnetic drive.
Bioreactor systems are used in various products, using cultures of microorganisms. For example, Biotehniskais center AS has implemented projects for manufacture of – yeasts for milk industry, vaccines for animals, soil protection and enrichment products, as well as the food industry surplus recycling and pharmaceutical industries waste water treatment.
The company also develops technology-oriented automation projects for biotechnology, environmental protection, pharmaceutical, chemical technology and food industry.
Sample preparation and analysis in Life Science
Conak Steel SIA
Metal construction and engineering equipment designing and producing
Conak Steel SIA designs and develops engineering and manufacturing equipment and prepares documentation in building steel construction sphere.
Company also develops its own products – module type stairs, handrails and elevator shafts. In cooperation with other companies Conak Steel SIA provides full project implementation from conceptual design to the manufacturing and assembly.
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas SIA
Biological wastewater treatment plants, water supply and external drainage networks, consultations
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas SIA offers full range of biological waste water treatment solutions for private, industrial and municipal markets.
Company manufactures biological wastewater treatment plants, designs water supply and external drainage networks, carries out plant installation and construction, provides maintenance service support as well as consults existing and prospect clients about the most efficient solutions available.
EkoStandarts tehnoloģijas SIA additionally offers crude oil and oil product separators for rain and other contaminated waste water purification from motor oil and oil contaminants as well. This equipment is designed primarily for car parking lots, garages, agricultural companies and service stations, but can be also used for treatment of water from car washes without the use of emulsifiers.
Estonian, Latvian & Lithuanian Environment Ltd.
Estonian, Latvian & Lithuanian Environment Ltd. (ELLE) was founded in 1998 and has its office located in Riga. Company has cooperation partners in most EU countries and an extensive network of contacts in Central Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia. For the implementation of large scale projects ELLE creates highly effective and professional groups of their own experts and subcontractors. ELLE staff and project consultants not only have a versatile education and training, but also a wide range of skills and experience from both East and West European business and academic cultures.
Company offers a wide range of environmental services such as consultancy, analysis, and project management in Baltic region and other countries. The goal of the company is to provide its clients with high quality consultancy services of international standard in the field of environmental protection. Starting with large scale international projects and ending with provision of support to small enterprises, from development of strategies to measuring levels of pollution, ELLE experts will provide professional and, if necessary, unconventional solutions.
Institute of Physical Energetics
Institute of Physical Energetics covers a wide scope of energy research issues, such as renewable energy resources, energy production, accumulation and storage, waste and pollution as well as research activities in water management.
Institute has experience in research of different renewable energy resources, including implementation of clean solar, wind, bioenergy and hydropower technologies.
Main fields of action are research, development, manufacturing and sales of original products, generics and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
Urban planning, regional development, environmental management
Grupa93 SIA is a leading Latvian consultancy company in the fields of urban planning, regional development and environmental management.
In the 20 years since the company exists they have accumulated experience from more than 100 local and district municipalities of different scale, state institutions, companies and private land owners mainly in Latvia, but also in Russia, Lithuania and Estonia. Company has worked extensively with projects financed by international institutions including the World Bank, UNDP and the European Commission.
Heliotherm Baltics SIA
Heat pumps, ventilation, cooling and water supply systems design, sales, installation and service
Heliotherm Baltics SIA specializes in selling and installing heat pumps, offering heat pumps of different types and sizes. In addition, the company offers heating, cooling, ventilation and water supply system design and installation, thus providing a complete range of solutions for each customer’s needs and capabilities.
Municipal and industrial water management, energy-efficiency, industrial components – trade and general contracting
Inducont SIA offers a full range of services – from the design stage to the equipment installation, commissioning and servicing of all types of production processes at both municipality and industry levels. The company carries out energy audit for general systems and / or certain parts and develops economically and technically sustainable solutions that improve not only the overall system of technical performance, but also provides additional energy savings in the long term.
Inducont SIA advises, develops and delivers technical solutions for municipal and industrial water management, energy-intensive industries, agricultural irrigation systems and mining.
Karme Filtrs SIA
Drinking and industrial water purification technologies
Karme Filtrs SIA is specializing in drinking and industrial process water treatment technologies which reduce any contamination (microorganisms, non-organic minerals and metals, organic chemicals, radioactive substances) ensuring the best price-to- quality ratio.
Company supplies and installs wide range of equipment (e.g., backwash filters, water softeners, and dosage equipment) for residential, commercial and industrial use, including skid mounted and containerized versions.
Karme Filtrs SIA offers services to several hundred clients – from small companies with very limited water treatment capacity to large operators of boiler houses and industrial customers.
Jāņa sēta Map Publishers Ltd.
Cartography and geospatial solutions
The largest cartographic and geoinformatics company in the Baltic States. Company develops personalized geospatial solutions based on traditional mapping. The company provides geospatial data preparation, maintenance and availability in the form of online data services.
Basing on client’s business needs, company develops personalized geographic information technology solutions for:
- data preparation
- intelligent analysis
- visualization on the map, therefore facilitating the adoption of spatially-based decisions.
Jāņa sēta Map Publishers also develops personalized online and mobile geospatial solutions.
Consultations and technological solutions in the fields of waste water treatment, waste anaerobic digestion and biogas purification and utilization
KONEKO Ltd. is a new company with significant manufacturing and scientific experience.
KONEKO Ltd. provides consultations on environmental and ecological issues that covers development of technologies, equipment selection, installation and submitting to exploitation, calculations and training of personnel in areas such as waste water treatment in the domestic and food industry, anaerobic digestion of agricultural and other wastes, biogas purification and usage.
The company also covers environmental management issues:
- development of the company’s environmental policy
- assessment of the initial state of the company’s environmental management system
- development and implementation of the environmental management system in the company.
Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
Scientific institute in molecular biology and biomedicine
Latvian University of Agriculture
Research in the fields of biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy
Research at university is operated in four main blocks: biosciences, engineering, social sciences and bio-economy.
Biosciences covers agriculture, forestry and veterinary medicine fields. Engineering covers mechanical engineering, energetics, food technology, civil engineering, woodworking and environmental areas.
For the research purposes two national research centres have been created, Latvian agricultural scientific resources are consolidated and further improvements on scientific infrastructure are being carried out. Scientific staff qualifications and experience correspond to international and national-scale research, additionally in 13 doctoral programs young scientists are prepared.
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry
Development of environment-friendly technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass
Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry develops knowledge-based, environmentally friendly and low-cost technologies for obtaining competitive materials and products from wood and other plant biomass for sustainable utilization of natural resources for economic, social and ecological benefits.
The main avenues of research:
- fundamental studies in the field of wood science;
- wood and polymers chemistry;
- applied studies for obtaining innovative products and materials from renewable raw material resources – wood and plant biomass.
The Latvian Institute of Humic Substances Ltd
Manufacture of products containing humic substances
The company was established in 2009 and develops humane and environmentally friendly humic-containing products. The Latvian Institute of Humic Substances (LHVI) has developed 2 types of products:
- Humate Green OK, which is intended for use in agriculture – fruit, grain and vegetable growing, horticulture and soil improvement;
- Sodium humic-containing products Green OK for animals.
Humate Green OK soil fertilizers:
- increase fruitfulness, improve flavour and raises the nutrition value;
- improve seed germination, promote rooting and help layering, stimulate branching and plant growth;
- prolong blooming and promote abundant flowering;
- increase immunity against unfavourable growth conditions (heat, drought, frost, disease etc.);
- increase the efficiency of mineral fertilisers and can lead to a 30-40% reduction in the use of fertilisers;
- reduce residual amount of pesticides and nitrates in the product;
- stimulate recovery of weak plants and encourage the development of dormant buds.
LHVI together with internationally recognized research organizations in Latvia have conducted research on the effectiveness of Humate Green OK, which demonstrated the ability of the products to naturally improve plant productivity and resilience to external conditions.
The exclusive production rights of the LHVI products are owned by Razosanas Tehnologijas, Ltd.
Latvijas Zalais elektrons AS
Environmentally hazardous goods waste management
Company Latvijas Zaļais elektrons AS is one of the leaders of Natural Resources Tax (NRT) management companies in Latvia. Since 2004, the company has established its own hazardous waste and all kind of packaging and disposable tableware management systems; and offers it to any importer/seller of environmentally harmful products or goods in packaging.
Exemption from the payment of NRT is offered for the following groups of the goods:
- electrical and electronic equipment of all kind;
- accumulators and batteries of all kind;
- tires of all kind;
- oils and oil filters of all kind;
- packaging and disposable tableware of all kind.
Automated, geospatially smart task planning, scheduling and route optimization solution
MAPPOST LTD develops online route optimization, task planning and execution control systems based on geospatial analysis. Using the MAPPOST solution, a company saves its staff time and acquires the ability to check the assigned tasks’ fulfilment online, therefore minimizing their employed resources and costs.
MHD Research Centre SIA
Research institute in metallurgical field
MHD Research Centre SIA is a research institute that draws on results of more than 20 years of scientific and applied research experience of the University of Latvia and its’ partners in metallurgical field, primarily, magnetohydrodynamics in metal casting.
Olaine College of Mechanics and Technologies
Environment protection technology; Food quality control; Biotechnology; Mechanics engineering
Electricity, heat supply, technical solutions for independent energy supply projects. Soil supplements
Main company’s activity is concluded with electricity heat production in cogeneration processes from renewable sources (like wood chips, RDF and other organic materials). The company has accumulated a huge experience in autonomous energy supply field. Company mainly focuses on power and heat supply for non-grid connected communities, but at the same time has access to necessary potential feedstock (wood chips, waste products of agriculture, RDF and other organic materials).
In addition, the company has potentials for production of soil supplements, substratum and wood shaving for bedding.
Implementation of projects in areas of renewable energy, waste management and resource efficiency
RENTEH Ltd. focuses on development and implementation of renewable energy, integrated waste management projects. Company invests in sustainable business projects with reduced ecological and carbon footprint.
RENTEH Ltd. positions itself as technology integrator and investor. It competitive advantage is local knowledge and expertise, global cutting edge technologies and financing. From sustainable business idea to fully permitted project and commissioning.
Solutions and equipment for decentralized wastewater treatment
REŠETILOVS is an engineering and manufacturing company in the field of decentralized domestic, municipal and industrial wastewater treatment.
Company offers a premium line of own developed products starting with single piece of equipment till fully integrated entire solution made of stainless steel.
The REŠETILOVS package treatment units have been developed to meet the growing global demand for small footprint, cost-effective, energy-efficient wastewater treatment installations. The fully integrated, pre-engineered, pre-wired, pre-piped package wastewater treatment solutions combine system performance with economy, resulting in an ideal solution for sites where space, cost and timeframes are critical.
Riga Technical University
Feasibility studies, pilot projects and technology efficiency research
Riga Technical University is the oldest technical university in the Baltic States currently qualifying for leadership in Latvia in the following scientific areas:
- energy and electrical engineering;
- electronics and telecommunication;
- computer and IT;
- chemistry and chemical engineering;
- biomechanics and biomaterials technology;
- materials science and materials design;
- heat, gas and water engineering;
- construction science and geomatics;
- mechatronics and robotics;
- automotive, rail and air transport;
In the field of clean technologies Riga Technical University offers: high level feasibility studies; pilot studies for selection and development of technologies; research based problem solving for clean technologies and biomaterials; quality control in production; consulting and joint projects.
Rubber Products SIA
Rubber waste recycling, development of new technologies
Rubber Products SIA is Latvian scientific and engineering industrial company, which is engaged in:
- R&D of innovative natural and synthetic rubber alternatives;
- R&D of modern methods of waste rubber de-vulcanization;
- R&D of solutions for specific ecological problems in the field;
- sales of licenses for the use of its technological solutions;
- manufacturing of next generation eco-friendly equipment used in waste tire utilization;
- building ready to use innovative and eco-friendly tire recycling plants.
Production of biological waste water treatment plants, HDPE geomembrane lining and pumping station
RUBIKI SIA produces:
- pumping stations;
- polypropylene heated bath tub rafts;
- footbridges and pontoons;
- external pools for humans and fish;
- biological waste water treatment plants for private houses and small hotels.
The company also offers HDPE geomembranes production and installation services.
Saukas kūdra SIA
Peat extraction and processing
Saukas kūdra SIA extracts and processes milled peat and block peat. 250000-350000 m3 of peat are extracted annually in 540 ha licensed area in Sauka peat bog. In factory peat is being fractioned, screened and packed.
Peat products efficiently ensure nutrient circulation in plants, maintain high soil fertility and play an important role in the protection of the environment and health of the agricultural workers.
Company offers white milled peat, block peat, mixed peat processed and packaged in big bales.
Designing and manufacturing of vacuum deposition equipment
High-tech company Sidrabe AS has been working in vacuum deposition industry for almost 55 years and accumulated significant experience and expertise in processing polymer web materials, metal foils and strips, powders and large-size 3D parts.
Sidrabe AS develops and manufactures customized and standard vacuum deposition equipment responding to the changes in the innovative materials market with unique and integrated solutions.
Coating systems are intended for a wide range of applications and industries, such as battery, astrooptics, medical, energy control, automotive, displays, electronics and others.
Sidrabe AS offers:
- manufacturing of vacuum deposition systems;
- R&D, technology transfer and engineering works;
- retrofit of vacuum deposition equipment and additional manufacturing works (thermal evaporation boats, winding systems);
- after-sales support.
Geospatial data processing services
Sungis Ltd. provides full spectrum of services on geospatial data processing– data conversions, administration and analysis, GIS and cartography consultations, preparation of relevant materials, as well as maintenance and storage services.
The company’s main product is “Go GIS” – geographic information system (GIS) that allows map design, burden and red lines, cadastral boundaries, utilities, land units and their ownership, as well as other spatial information, to be displayed on the map in a visible manner.
Additionally in the spring of 2018, SunGIS became the first organization in the Baltics certified to conduct QGIS training.
SWH SETS SIA
SWH SETS SIA provides full life-cycle services – requirements analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of software systems as well as mainframe application development. Performs about 30 consultancy and software development projects annually.
Latvian State Forest Research Institute Silava
SILAVA is the main centre of forest science in Latvia. The main fields of research areas are: forest ecology and silviculture; forest tree breeding; forest regeneration and establishment; forest products processing.
Institute offers cooperation in the following areas:
- development of comprehensive recovery solutions afforestation and rehabilitation of degraded lands;
- development of technologies with innovative solutions that meet the requirements of a particular object;
- production and delivery of complex composts or their components;
- the development of plantations of energy wood.
Technical conveying solutions
Technobalt SIA is a technical conveying solutions provider, offering complete systems from idea and project until installed and tested equipment together with spare parts and maintenance. More than 100 qualified employees with different skills and certifications work for Technobalt Group in all major Baltic areas.
Technobalt SIA offers:
- conveyors equipment (solutions for waste management, mining, energy, bulk & paper, terminal & stividor industries);
- conveyor components (conveyor components, conveyor belts, drives, drum motors, bearings, transmission components, AVS products);
- production (cutting, bending, welding, heavy & light machining, surface treatment, finishing, assembly, installation, testing).
VEGA 1 SIA
Engineering communications installation
VEGA 1 SIA is a Latvian company providing construction, installation and service of cooling, conditioning, ventilation, heat, water supply, sewerage networks and low-voltage systems. Company also offers mounting biological wastewater treatment plants and drinking water preparation systems.
The main areas of operations are:
- planning, construction and service of engineering systems;
- construction and maintenance services of SBR (sequencing batch reactor) biological wastewater treatment plants;
- construction, installation and service of refrigeration systems;
- management of construction projects.
Environmental consultations, trainings and engineering services
VentEko AS is one of the leading companies in Baltic States providing a wide range of environmental consultations, trainings and engineering services.
Company provides services in such fields as:
- soil, surface water and groundwater remediation;
- geological, hydro geological and geo-technical investigation;
- institutional capacity building and training on sustainable development issues;
- environmental impact and risk assessment;
- collection and recycling of hazardous and industrial waste;
- design of water supply and sewerage systems;
- consultancy in energy efficiency and building.
VentEko AS has long-term experience and necessary technical support for the cleaning-up ecological accidents of various scales.
Waste management and recycling projects
ZAAO SIA was founded in 1998 by North Vidzeme Region local governments. ZAAO SIA offers high quality waste management services to physical and legal persons in North Vidzeme Region.
Company provides following services:
- municipal solid waste collection;
- source separate waste collection;
- collection of special kind of waste;
- waste transportation;
- waste sorting at landfill;
- recovery of recyclables;
- storage and resell of recyclables;
- waste preparation prior to disposal;
- residue waste disposal at landfill;
- gas recovery from waste;
- from waste gained power transfer to national electricity grid.
ZAAO SIA is also involved in educating and informing the community about waste issues. Company is capable to share the obtained knowledge how to handle problems of municipal waste management in form of consulting.
Cluster CLEANTECH LATVIA presents unique pool of complementary competencies of companies, research organizations, municipalities and public sector for smart, sustainable and environment friendly growth.
We help to develop and grow sustainable, resource efficient and environmental friendly companies, cities, regions in the developing economies.
- CLEANTECH LATVIA shares its experience on cluster development during specialized webinar
- Project “Capacity Building of Industry Associations Serving Engineering Companies in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan” kick-off event in Uzbekistan
- CLEANTECH LATVIA explores the potential of development of Almetyevsk system management
- Grant Contract with the European Commision
- CLEANTECH LATVIA discusses water management and smart-city technology opportunities in Tatarstan
Phone: +371 22333322
Address: Str. Valmieras 31, Riga, LV 1009, Latvia
Representative Offices in Central Asia